Sunday, January 17, 2010

Books I need to look at.

Adorno dealt in music as well as art, I want to look at his theories on Art and Design, so I'm going to look at Adorno's Aesthetic Theory, which deals with the relationship between art and society.

I also need to look at Hegel's triad of thesis, anti-thesis and synthesis. I think that theory is applicable to fine-art, consumer based design and it's synthesis into pop art, neo-pop art and the lowbrow art movement. I need to as Richard what would be best to read in order to grapple with this theory.

I want to look atpop-art, neo-pop art, low brow art and design as art in general, so a few books about these movements might be useful such as Weirdo Deluxe, EdgyCute, Highbrow-Lowbrow: The Emergence of Cultural Hierarchy in America that all deal with these subjects, particularly the last one that seems more like a critical thinking approach to the subject than the others, though they will be useful in terms of quotation of the artists themselves.




No comments:

Post a Comment