Saturday, January 16, 2010

Informal propsal for 2,000 word essay:

The most personally intriguing subject, from all those covered in the lectures, is Adorno's theories on pop music. I want to look at the equivelant in design and art... though that doesn't necessarily mean pop-art, however, that will most likely be covered within what I talk about. Primarily, I want to focus on the subversion of pop-culture in art,design and illustration. I'd like to explore areas such as counter-culture, DIY ethics etc. And artists such as Robert Williams from the low brow art movement.

I think after a conversation with Richard Miles, I can probably clarify this a little bit more and generate a question to be answered.

1 comment:

  1. There is a lot of Robert Williams, pop culture info in this lecture of his I posted on Youtube. Hope it helps...

    http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=59BED0E1C8461F22

    ReplyDelete